Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hitting It Out of the Park

A friend of mine teaches seventh grade science.  (God bless her...it takes a very special person to enjoy teaching middle schoolers!  I am NOT one of them.)  I love reading her blog, Mrs. Bluebird's Classroom.  She makes me laugh.  She makes me cry.  But most of all, I am in awe of her incredible creativity. 

I knew Mrs. Bluebird in another "life" before she made her mid-life career change and became a teacher.  It's been fun for me to watch her blossom in teaching and find her true calling in life.  She is a wonderful teacher and makes a difference in her students' lives every day. 

As an English as a Second Language teacher, I work with many teachers and see first hand how some teachers go above and beyond to help their students learn.  Mrs. Bluebird is a prime example of a great teacher who really cares. 

One of my favorite posts of hers, Hitting It Out of the Park, is about a wonderful hands-on science activity on tectonic plates and fault lines.  It's a superb example of a lesson that works for all students, but especially for English Language Learners.  Go read about it right now!

Hat's off to you, Mrs. B, for hitting it out of the park!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment